Resources for marinas
Florida Department of Environmental Protection’s Clean Vessel Program can fund up to 75% of eligible project costs relating to installation, operations, and maintenance of:
- Stationary Pumpouts
- Mobile Pumpout Carts
- In-slip Pumpout Systems
- Mobile Pumpout Vessels
- Sewage Dump Stations
- Connection to Sewage Lateral
- Sewage Hauling
Grants are reimbursement based and a grant agreement must be executed before any project costs are incurred. If you have received a grant in the past, you may receive another one. Learn more and apply at Clean Vessel Act Grant Program | Florida Department of Environmental Protection
Oregon Sea Grant has developed a series of videos about sewage pumpout station and dump stations. Watch these videos to learn about the different pump types, maintenance tips, troubleshooting problems, and more. Recreational boating - YouTube
Clean Marina Certification
The Clean Marina Program is a voluntary designation program that encourage marine facilities to incorporate environmental Best Management Practices, which exceed regulatory requirements.
Participating has many benefits. Here are just a few:
- A 10% discount on state submerged land lease fees.
- Enhanced public image.
- Reduced pollution and improved water quality.
- Reduction in environmental liability insurance premiums.
- Free publicity through program promotion, newsletters, workshops, and Florida Clean Marina marketing.
This is a non-regulatory program implemented by Florida Department of Environmental Protection. For more information and to get certified visit Clean Boating Programs | Florida Department of Environmental Protection.
Pumpout Nav Marketing Materials
Whether your facility is included in the Pumpout Nav app or not, it’s a great resource your boaters should know about. Use our marketing materials to help us advertise the app:
- Print the flyer and post it on your community bulletin board
- Post our digital flyer to your webpage
- Use our social media toolkit to post about the app quickly and easily.
- Use our press release to include a story about the app in your newsletter or as a billing insert.